November 10, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Swirl Ice Cream

So I have to say that I made this ice cream by divine revelation.  I had this crazy strange dream last night and right before I woke up I had this idea on how to make chocolate peanut butter ice cream.  So here is the recipe I created today for the first time and I must say it is delicious.

You will need:

An Ice Cream Freezer
or a Freezer Safe container with an airtight lid
3 1/2 C half and half
1 1/2 C sugar
1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 C peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla

Mix 1/2 C half and half, 1/2 C choc chips, 1/4 C peanut butter, 1/2 C sugar in a sauce pan. Stirring continuously, melt and then bring to a thick bubbly sauce over medium low heat.  It should have the consistency of a heated fudge sauce.  Place the sauce to cool and then set into the refrigerator until ready to use. 

In a bowl, mix well, 3 C half and half, 1 tsp vanilla and 1 C sugar together.  This is your ice cream base.  Place the base in an ice cream maker/freezer for 20-25 min until soft serve consistency or place into a freezer safe container and stir every 20 min until desired consistency.  After your base is soft serve consistency, fold in dollops of firmed up chocolate peanut butter fudge sauce.  Your sauce should be almost like peanut butter thick.  Let freeze the rest of the way in the freezer and serve when ready to enjoy :)  

So there you have it.  I really do hope you all enjoy this wonderful (additive free) ice cream.  We have gotten so use to homemade ice cream that we have a difficult time eating anything else.  I will post a photo later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment